How to Enable and Disable Voice Greeting
Every Text Request text-only number comes with a voice greeting that you can turn on or off as you wish.
Occasionally, someone will accidentally call your text-only number. Voice greeting is a simple, automated response that tells callers they’ve reached a text-only number, and gives them a different number to call.
In fact, here’s the message:
Thank you for calling [Organization Name]. This is a text-only line provided by Text Request. To speak to someone by phone, please call us at [Phone Number You Want People to Call].
Note, the voice greeting only works for text-only numbers. If you have added Text Request to your current business number, voice greeting does not apply. For more details on different types of numbers, view our Types of Text Numbers page.
How to Enable Voice Greeting
- Go to the Voice Greeting tab of your Settings menu option. Note, only Administrators and Managers can access Settings. For more details, view our User Permissions page.
- Click the Enable button.
- Enter the phone number you want people to call instead.
- Enter the name of your organization.
- Click Save to enable your voice greeting
Note, voice greetings are separate for each text number. If you have multiple text numbers, you will need to enable voice greeting on each text number.
How to Disable Voice Greeting
- Go to the Voice Greeting tab of your Settings menu option.
- Click the Disable Voice Greeting button.